Monday 16 February 2015

What makes the DTS so good?

Hannah gave out to me the other day about not having written anything on our common blog and only on my personal one so I thought I'd take this moment to share a bit about why I think the DTS is so good.

The first speaker we had talked about hearing the voice of God. To me this wasn't really a new thing and it's something I've been learning about before so there was nothing new about it really. Still I would say I learnt a lot from that week. The thing is that we all came here strangers so I didn't know any of the other students. We had a few exercises that had quite the impact on me. You listen to what God has to say about a stranger and then you share that with the stranger and almost immediately the person tells you the significance of what you just shared.


We had one exercise where we were supposed to imagine a tree and then draw the tree. After that you fold it up so you can't see the tree and put a symbol on it that only you would recognise. Everyone gives the trees to the leader/teacher who then spreads them out in the middle of the circle and people pick someone else tree. Then you go back to your place and pray over the person whose tree you're holding and open it up. Then you listen to what God says and depending on what He says that's what you add to the picture. The person who had mine put a bible verse on my tree. The verse was something that I had already highlighted previously and it revealed a whole set of things to me which was just amazing.
Another exercise we had

During that week we as students came a lot closer. We opened up about our lives and how we came here and so on. It feels like these people are going to become really really close. I also feel like this is a really good place for Hannah and I to be together.

This week the theme was worship. Instead of a lot of teaching on the subject we practiced a lot. Lots of life stories were shared and a bit about why worship is important for different reasons. Throughout the years worship has always been a bit of a problem for me. I've never really ever gotten into it the way I see others doing it. I never find myself free enough to do what I want to do, but that changed here. I let loose and my real singing voice came out which meant I could finally be completely free to sing the way I have always wanted. During this week I feel like a lot of people have been freed from different things that have been binding them.

The DTS is a really safe place where people feel safe enough to open up about the different things they need to work on. It's been a very short time and I feel like I've learnt a lot and made lots of progress in a very short period of time. This would probably never have happened had I continued my life just like before.

No comments:

Post a Comment